The nets of StromboliJuly 6, 2017
78th San Sebastian Musical FortnightJuly 27, 2017
It's only two days before the first notes of a festival I love and where I've always had a great time ... The Hondarribia Blues Festival.
The less than 17,000 inhabitants of this small charming Basque city are willing to enjoy these three days of concerts throughout the city. If I have not convinced you yet, I will keep trying:
In full swing
Five big reasons to join Hondarribia Blues Festival this weekend
- 1. It sounds like this dt>
- Check out the programme of this year and you will see that there are American groups like JB'S JAMES BROWN ORIGINAL BAND or ZAC HARMON, even European groups (eg Norwegian HEADLINE BLUES BAND) and among them Basque bands like BELCEBLUES and WHITE TOWELS BLUES BAND.
- 2. In the groove
- You can enjoy rhythm'n'blues, gospel, soul, classic, rural and contemporary blues (also in Basque!) through 29 concerts in four stages in a walking of the heart of the city. On Sunday, as well, GRANUJAS A TODO RITMO will play in the streets of the city on a gorgeous sunny day according to the forecast...
- 3. Mojo blues
- A talk-concert is also held, about the relationship between blues, magic and superstition. It is led by Héctor Martínez who has spent 10 years combining his job as the harmonica player of The Forty Nighters with that of researcher.
- 4. It's free
- Within everyone’s reach!
- 5. Hondarribia
- Finally, I invite you to discover Hondarribia, with its old medieval neighborhood and the city centre, full of typical Basque houses, in which a famous scene of the film Papillon was recorded. I encourage you to ask for some pintxos in San Pedro street, take a walk around the Butrón walk or maybe the beach... although the blues scales do not reach there.